Tuesday, June 12, 2012

its just who i am.

Every body is beautiful. And everybody is beautiful.

My name is Sarah Ann Alanis. I'll start out with a brief introduction of myself:

I'm a tall brunette with gray/green eyes. I love anything magical, such as dancing in the fog because I adore the thought that i'm dancing in the clouds! I love to love; especially my family and friends! I also love to be outside, where everything is original! I find the Earth fascinating, which is part of my inspiration to aspire to be a photographer! I'm also kind of a crazy chick.. for instance, I've never lost a burping contest, and my nick-name is 'Saragawea' because I love being barefoot and anything slightly Native American! I love to be myself! I would have a really hard time trying to be anyone or anything else! 

This upcoming August I have decided to run for the Miss Utah County pageant! The platform I have chosen is Every{body} is Beautiful. The dictionary definition of Beauty is 'the quality present in a thing or person that gives intense pleasure or deep satisfaction to the mind.' My definition of Beauty is you. Every single person is unique and different, therefore giving everyone their own kind of beautiful! I think too often this is lost in what the media is portraying as their 'beautiful'. They tell us a beautiful woman is flawlessly skinny, with thick healthy hair, perfect skin and fashion strait out of the magazines, and a perfect guy is tall, tan and muscular with a ravishing full head of hair. Which I am in no way saying that a person with these quailities isn't beautiful, because they most certainly are! But so is everyone and everything else! I think everyone needs to hear this on a daily basis.

 So go ahead... tell yourself that you're beautiful.

 Right about now.








 And if you already have, say it again. For me. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment